Save on Electrical Repairs
Posted on February 15, 2013 by Oozle Media
Every home is going to have electrical problems and since electrical repairs can be dangerous to do on your own a professional will have to be called. Since these services can be expensive here are some ways to help you not break the bank:
- Hourly rates: There are always going to be electricians that have cheap and expensive hourly rates. Just because they are cheap doesn’t mean anything. Its important to know how skilled an electrician you hire. Its better to pay a higher hourly rate and have them work efficiently then to end up having the electrician spend hours and hours at your home.
- Travel charges: Travel cost can make a big impact on your total bill. It is important to call your electrician and find out exactly what every cost is. Some electricians charge a flat rate while others will include their hours in the traveling. You don’t want to be shocked once you get your bill.
- Bundle repairs: If you have more than one issue in your home make sure you have to electrician do everything the one time he is there. It is pointless to have an electrician come out three times a week when he could have just come once.
- Be prepared: The less time an electrician has to deal with your messes or issues the fast he can get done and the cheaper it will cost you. Prepare a list of everything you need done and be ready for his arrival.
- Money saving electrical fixtures: Little things like switching from ordinary incandescent light bulbs to fluorescent light bulbs can save you money by reducing your energy consumption. Talk to your electrician and see what you can do to save money. Most times it is easier than you would even think.
Minor electrical problems should not get you upset. Follow these few easy steps and you can be saving money.
Categories: Electrical Maintenance • Tips