How to Save On Your Energy Bill Year-Round
Posted on October 2, 2017 by Oozle Media
If you’ve ever wanted to know how to save money on your energy bill, we understand. Saving money is both easy and beneficial to you and the environment! However, energy-saving methods are different depending on the season, and it can be difficult to remember the various tips. With that being said, here is a handy guide to saving money throughout the year.
- Open your windows, so you can naturally cool your home without turning on the air conditioner.
- Cook outside to avoid heating up your home by using the kitchen.
- Use your ceiling fans so that you don’t have to lower your thermostat too much.
- Keep your thermostat at around 78° F.
- Get an air conditioner tune up to optimize energy efficiency.
- Keep the shades and blinds drawn on sun-facing windows to keep your home cool.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans to be clockwise to push warm air back down. Just remember to switch the direction back to counter clockwise in the summer.
- Open blinds and curtains in the morning so heat can come into the house and close them in the evening to trap in heat.
- Replace your HVAC filter. This should be done once a month, but you should make sure to do this more diligently during the fall and winter as you use your home’s HVAC system more.
- Close air vents to rooms you don’t use much. This will help concentrate heat where it’s needed most.
- Leave curtains open on the side of the house that gets the most sun exposure so that more natural warmth can enter the home.
- Keep the temperature between between 65-68° F while you’re away so that you’re not using the heat when you don’t need to.
We also made this handy infographic, download it so you can put it on your fridge, or someplace that’ll keep these important tips top of mind. We hope you’ll give the tips mentioned in the blog and in the infographic a try, so you can watch your energy bill shrink!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://jpelectric.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Seasonal-Infographic.pdf” title=”Seasonal Infographic”]
Ready to Save Even More?
At JP Electrical, we offer many services that can help you save money on your next energy bill. For example, we do smart home adaptation so you can program your thermostat and even your electric blinds. We also install ceiling and bathroom fans which help reduce heat. If you’re interested in more money-saving tips or need help installing or replacing certain electrical elements in your home, please don’t hesitate to call us at 801-386-7331!